Joze Urh is an energetic and innovative coach, constantly developing advanced coaching techniques. Currently, he is the Slovenia National Coach & Head Coach of the Slovenian Training Center, who led the Slovenian Men’s Team to the Bronze Medal in the European Table Tennis Championships in 2017.
A former Yugoslavia National Team Player, he started coaching in 1986. During his career he coached in Italy & Slovenia, and successfully led table tennis players from all levels, helping them win medals in Cadet, Junior, U21 & Senior competitions.
During this lecture, that he gave during the ITTF Rough Diamonds Training Camp in Otočec, Slovenia in 2017, he focuses on the importance of footwork and balance for a player, to make successful ball contact.
If you missed it, here you can find Part 1, 2 & 3:
In Part 4:
– video examples of good and bad table tennis technique & analysis (0:00-4:33)
– how footwork and balance have to be taught simultaneously with table tennis technique (4:33-5:43)
– the Q&A part of the lecture question 1 (5:43-9:02)
– the Q&A part of the lecture question 2 (9:02-10:46)
– the Q&A part of the lecture question 3 (10:46-12:22)
– the Q&A part of the lecture question 4 (12:22-13:32)
– the Q&A part of the lecture question 5 (13:32-16:47)